Friday, August 19, 2011

God's shadow

Sarah was singing a song about God watching over us 24/7, so I asked her if she knew what that meant.  She didn't, so we talked about that for awhile.  Then all the sudden she whipped her head up and stared at the ceiling.  Then she said, "Huh.  Nope," and went right back to eating lunch.  I paused, waiting for her to explain, but instead she yanked her head up again.  I said, "What are you doing?" and she said, "I was trying to catch God looking at me. I think His face is up there pressed against the ceiling, looking at me when I'm not looking."  She looked awhile longer and noticed the water stain on the ceiling.  She squinted at it and said, "Is that it?  No, God's face wouldn't be that ugly.  That must just be His shadow."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Sarah is so creative!!!

~Sue