Friday, April 18, 2014

Juggling again

Yesterday a fellow homeschool mom posted on Facebook that she made a delicious, nutritious meal of fish, scalloped potatoes, and homemade rolls.  I was impressed.  I was having trouble pulling together frozen chicken nuggets myself.  Then today another one posted that she had made pecan crusted chicken, asparagus, and rice, AND cleaned her house.  I looked around my pit and shamefully realized I didn't even have a dinner plan.  One kid wasn't quite done with school, but I figured I could cook something while helping him remember spelling rules.  So I was inventing a casserole (a.k.a. dumping leftover vegetables and chicken into a baking dish and making a sauce, covering the whole mess with cheese and bread crumbs) while reminding one kid about phonograms and giving the other kid suggestions about playing nicely with her friends.  And my house is still a pit.  I can't seem to do it all well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You rock out your dirty dishes! That blows away those other homeschool mom's in my humble opinion.