Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Spinach-stuffed, bacon-wrapped chicken

 
 I started by cooking some bacon.  I cooked one piece all the way so I could eat it.  I just rendered a little fat out of the others so I could cook the stuffing in it.

 Onions and garlic in bacon grease.  

 Added lots of spinach....

 which cooked down to this.

 I don't usually buy meat from the meat counter, but the chicken breasts were a good price this time, and I needed the butcher paper, as you'll see...
 I don't have a meat mallet, so I smash my chicken with a heavy-bottomed glass.  This is where the butcher paper comes in handy.  That is tough stuff and doesn't break when I pound the chicken between it.

 There they are, flattened and waiting to be filled.

 I added cottage cheese and Italian seasoning to the spinach mixture.

 Spread the filling on the chicken.

 Rolled them up and wrapped them with the slightly-cooked bacon.  Sprinkled some poultry seasoning on top.  In retrospect, I really wish I would have lined that pan with foil.  It would have made cleanup so much easier.

No comments: