Monday, January 16, 2012

The contents of the jar

Here's what went into the Complaints jar today.  And it's only 2:00.  We might need a bigger jar.

Mike:
"You didn't fill out the times on the the allergy form."
"I don't like it." (after unsuccessfully trying to play Jingle Bells on the foot piano at Children's Discovery Museum)
"My head still hurts." (after hitting it on the fake combine at CDM)
"Lunch was all strawberry-flavored." (That's because I vigorously shook the bottle of strawberry milk, not realizing he had already taken off the lid.  He claims this wasn't a complaint, but then he complained about my writing it down as a complaint, so I'm counting it.)
"They ran out of empanadas at Taco Bell last time I was there, and they didn't have strawberry fruitistas."
"The water flow is puny." (at the water table at CDM)

Noah:
"My book is boring."
"I don't like this radio station."
"I'm starving!" (several times)
"The water table is too hard." (at CDM)

Janel:
"There's talking on every radio station I turn to."
"You backed the van so far up that I can't even open the back door!"
"I'm tired of Noah's complaining."

Sarah: (surprisingly the winner so far with only complaint)
"I'm bored." (at Noah's allergy appointment)

What a bunch of whiners!  And this is while we're supposed to be fasting.  We did stop ourselves many times. Hopefully we'll get better by end of this three weeks.

1 comment:

dave said...

Liza just came down and said "addy bit me." Does that count as complaining?