Friday, January 13, 2012

It's a good day!

This morning I picked up my little cat for a quick pet before I exercised.  She's very loving, but will only allow me to hold her for a few minutes before she wants to get on with her life. But this morning, she curled up in my arms and purred contentedly.  I sat down on the couch and she stretched out and licked my face and went to sleep.  So much for exercising.  Plan B:  pick up the remote and watch some TV.  A few minutes later, Sarah woke up.  She was dry, which is a jolly start to any morning!  She got under a blanket and joined me on the couch.  A few minutes later, Noah came stretching out and wedged himself between Sarah and me.  Snickers was still purring on my chest.  We started watched Survivorman.  I love that show.  The guy was trying to survive on top of a mountain in the freezing rain.  I looked outside and saw the cold wind and snow around our house and was so thankful to be curled up with my kids and a cat, wearing pajamas and snuggled under a blanket.  And later today we're getting together with our best friends, which we haven't been able to do in a long time.  AND I remembered something I was trying to think of, which is rare anymore.  It's a good day!

1 comment:

les stroud wannabe. said...

You like Survivorman! Wow! I have his autographed book. And dvds. Which I'm watching in the garage, in the cold, right now!