Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fast

Our pastor has called the church to fast for three weeks, starting this Sunday.  One of things he suggested fasting from is complaining, so our family will be doing that.  When Mike and I were talking about it, I said, "What are we going to talk about it if we can't complain?" and he said, "I guess we just won't speak."  What am I going to blog about? 

I guess I have to air all my complaints now, before it starts. This morning we woke up to a nasty surprise in the closet.  Marty had peed, made two piles of poop, and sprayed the wall with poop.  I bagged up the poop and delivered it to the vet, though I don't think there's anything physically wrong with her.  She's a nice girl, but she's obviously harboring some deep resentment.  I didn't have time to ponder that, because when I got home, I had two wicked kids to handle.  I was gone ten minutes to the vet, and when I got home, Sarah was sulking in her room, and Noah was waiting at the door to explain how he didn't mean to kick her in the face.  Yesterday I had to spank him for the first time in years, and today his ipad privileges have been removed.  Sarah's attitude and behavior have been mostly atrocious for the last two weeks, and mine haven't been much better.

1 comment:

dave said...

Well look on the bright side, at least the kids aren't behaving as poorly as Marty!