Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Can't a mom get away with anything?

I snuck outside tonight with a box of thin mint cookies. It was after ten o'clock, so I should have been safe, but just in case, I went out the front door but went around to the back yard. I was happily listening to frogs, watching lightning, and munching my way through an entire sleeve of thin mints when the light came on outside the back door, and Noah's face appeared against the sliding glass door. I couldn't believe he found me. Apparently I'm raising a detective. But it was dark out there, and there's no way he detected the thin mints, so I slipped them behind my back and headed for the back door. My bloodhound child sniffed the air and said, "I smell mint...what, are you eating Girl Scout cookies? Did you eat the whole box?" I assured him that I only ate half, and then he said over his shoulder, "I found her, Dad! She was outside eating cookies!"

No comments: