Friday, March 30, 2012

Rollercoaster ride

Yesterday we realized Snickers was missing.  Nobody had seen her all night, and she always greets the first person to wake up.  Long story shorter...the kids and I searched the entire house and couldn't find her.  She loves to be with us, so it would be very unusual for her to be hiding somewhere.  I admit that I worked myself into a froth and went into freakout mode.  It's only been four months since Jason died, and I can't do that again already.

Noah reminded me that only the day before, in our devotion time, we had talked about how worry is never an appropriate response.  Noah caught me panicking and reminded me that we should just pray and trust God to take care of Snickers.  I relaxed a little, and I'd like to say I never gave it another thought, but I just dialed it down a notch and worried more quietly.

If you ever doubted that I married the most wonderful man, catch this next part.  He came home from work early to look for the cat!  He turned everything upside down and determined that she must have gotten outside.  He searched all around the yard and even rode his bike all around the neighborhood, looking for the body.

Before bed, the kids prayed again that she would come home, and soon after, she appeared at the back door!  Take a look at the pictures and tell me who you think is happier:  the cat or me.



It's me; I was the happiest for sure!  We still haven't figured out how she got out.  She never sneaks around and tries to dart out, so it's a mystery.  We're all super thankful to have her home.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yay! I've been wondering if you found Snickers ever since yesterday

Marcia said...

So glad everyone is back together.