Monday, March 19, 2012

Hearts at Home

Here's my seat in the balcony, listening to the Duggars in the morning session.

I could have waited 2 1/2 hours in this line to meet the Duggars.  I really wanted to meet them, but that's not why I went to Hearts at Home.  I would have had to miss two workshops, and I went there to learn and be encouraged.  
So I didn't get to talk to them, but I got close enough to get this picture, and Jim Bob waved and smiled at me.  They are amazing people, and it was a privilege to get to listen to their wisdom and see Christ's love that just emanates from them.  
This year was a record high attendance.  Even with the men's restrooms converted to women's, the lines were still huge.  I tried all my usual tricks (leaving the main building and going to one of the smaller buildings, going at off times), but with over six thousand women there, the lines for the restrooms were constant.
I waited as long as I could, but it was a time of month when I had to have access to a restroom, so I finally decided to leave the campus and walk down the street looking for somewhere where I could use the facilities.  I'm not sure I've ever been so excited to see an old Methodist church as I was when I saw this sign.
The sign above the door on the left says "sanctuary", but I think they need to switch it with the sign on the other door, because that restroom was the best sanctuary I've ever visited!
Overall, it was a great day, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to go.  More about that in my next post...

No comments: