Sunday, January 19, 2014

Breakthroughs!

I have always had trouble getting the little protective hat off my new deodorant.  I pull at it with all my might, dig my fingernails under it and pry, and it usually doesn't come off.  Then I have to get the pliers, press the deodorant between my feet, grab the plastic thing with the pliers, and yank with both hands.  It finally pops off, sending me flying in the opposite direction.  It's quite an ordeal, and I've always thought there must be a better way!  This morning, I had to be at church early and didn't have time to wrestle with the deodorant.  So I used Mike's and left mine on the counter and asked him if he would open it for me later.  In the middle of church, Mike whispers to me, "I'm going to give you a hint that's going to make your life better."  I lean in expectantly, with no idea what this could be.  He tells me that if I twist the thing at the bottom of the deodorant to make it go up, the plastic hat just pops right off with ease.  Wow!  How could I have been so ignorant for the last 30 years that I've been struggling with deodorant?
 
As you may or may not know, our vacuum has been an ongoing source of problems lately.  Sometimes it sucks, and sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it makes a horrible noise, and sometimes it sounds normal.  Mike has taken it apart and put it back together several times with mixed results.  Our floors haven't been properly vacuumed for several weeks, and the filth is really starting to build.  Today it must have pushed Mike over the edge, because as soon as we got home from church, he got out the vacuum and took it apart again.  He messed around with it and put it back together.  When he turned it on, there was a boom, and a huge cloud of dust came out of the bowels of the thing, and it started working like a brand new vacuum.  I cheered!  The best part is....Mike is now vacuuming the entire house while I sit here and blog about it.  What a guy!

No comments: