Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ham and corn proverb

Every afternoon before quiet time, we read and discuss a chapter of Proverbs.  Today is the 21st, so we read Proverbs 21.  As I read, I sensed that the kids might not be paying very good attention, so I threw in a little something of my own in the middle to see if anyone would notice.  It went like this:

....To do what is right and just
    is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit
    as surely as haste leads to poverty.


If there is corn in the pantry,
     I will make ham and corn casserole for dinner.

  A fortune made by a lying tongue
    is a fleeting vapor and a deadly snare....

Noah said, "Hey, wait...what?  Do we have corn?"  Sarah said, "Ham and corn casserole is my favorite!  Let's go see if we have corn!"  

So I guess they really were listening.  They found corn in the freezer, so we're having Sarah's favorite tonight.
 
 

No comments: