Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tilled pork

This morning, I put a pork roast in the crock pot with some apple cider vinegar, onions, garlic salt, pepper, brown sugar, and liquid smoke.  I turned it on low and let it go for about nine hours.  A few minutes ago, I took the roast out and started pulling it apart with two forks.  The delicious smell made its way to Noah, who ran into the kitchen, wrapped his arms around me, and declared, "You're my best friend, Mom!  That looks so awesome!  And since you're tilling the pig all up like that, we'll be able to eat MORE of it, and it will seem like less!"

I told him that it's technically called "pulling", but I actually like "tilling" better, so we're having tilled pork sandwiches for dinner.  I put the shredded up pig back in the pot, added some barbecue sauce, and tested it.  I added some more salt and a pinch of sugar, at Noah's suggestion.  He thought I should add some butter too, but I told him there was plenty of fat in the pig.  He said, "Is there any recipe that can't be fixed by adding butter, salt, barbecue sauce, or sugar?"  I couldn't think of a single one. 

No comments: