Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Jokes and conversations

We were eating lunch, and Noah and I somehow got on the topic of eternity.  He said, "I don't see how there could be no beginning and no end.  Everything has a beginning and an end!"  I made some lame comment about circles, and I could see that Sarah was dying to jump in, but uncharacteristically restraining herself from interrupting, so I said, "Yes, Sarah? What would you like to add?"  She said, "What happens to baseball players when they get old?"  That gave me pause.  As I was thinking about how to respond to that, she said triumphantly, "They go batty!"  I said, "What does that have to do with eternity?" and she said, "Huh?"  I hadn't recognized that she was in Sarahland, with no idea what was going on around her. Noah smirked and said, "You used to play baseball, didn't you, Mom?" 

No comments: