Friday, May 9, 2014

Scenes from the kitchen

We bought a new dishwasher!!  It's arriving today, so my handy husband removed the old dead clunker last night.  The cats have been investigating the hole. 
 In this picture you can see the pretty new rubber gloves I bought myself to encourage myself to have a good attitude about washing dishes all day long.  The water to the kitchen sink is shut off until the new dishwasher is installed, so the dishes are building up again.

 A couple nights ago, nobody was in the kitchen.  It was late at night, and we heard glass shattering in the kitchen.  We all ran out there and saw a glass bottle that had been on the counter was now in pieces on the floor.  No cats had been in the kitchen at the time of the incident either.  I tried to clean it all up, but today I shredded my foot on a shard. 

This is what happens when a kid loses a tooth while Mom is gone. He's the dishwasher man; I'm the Tooth Fairy.

No comments: