Monday, August 23, 2010

Do NOT try this recipe!

"This drink has to be tasted to be believed."  Ain't that the truth!  You'd have to taste it to believe how revolting it is.  It looked so delicious that I went out and bought an avocado, and the kids and I made it this morning.  It looked lovely, just like this picture in Family Fun magazine.  It was creamy and rich and....disgusting.  We poured it back into the blender and added a banana, honey, more sugar, vanilla syrup, and strawberries.  It came out brown but tasted way better.  The kids still wouldn't drink it (probably too shell-shocked from the original taste), so I drank some and froze the rest into popsicles for the neighborhood kids.  They happily ate my spinach popsicles a couple months ago on a hot day, so I'm sure they'll enjoy these.  I just won't mention the avocado. 

1 comment:

Matt Good said...

I think that maybe adding some lime and Tabasco would have been a pretty good drink.