Sunday, August 22, 2010

Reading with cats

I had forgotten how much I love living with cats.  After being cat-free for eight years, we now have two cats that make me really happy.  Today I was reading the Bible on my bed, and big Marty jumped up and started rubbing on me, because cats can sense from anywhere in the house if you've just cracked open something to read. 

Inevitably, she settled down right on the book, and I couldn't see a word.  So I opened my book from my training workshop yesterday and started reviewing it.  Jason came along and sprawled across it.  I got out my Family Fun magazine and started reading that, while Marty read the Bible, and Jason studied my workshop notes. After a few minutes, Jason moved over onto Family Fun, and Marty stretched out so she could cover both the Bible AND my other book.

I gave up reading and went to get my camera.  Jason followed me, so he's not in the picture, and Marty curled up and freed up my original reading material. No matter how much I try to accommodate them, I think they will always manage to force themselves into the center of attention.



No comments: