Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wisc.--Day 3

Monday, August 9, 2010

Early a.m.—Everyone is awake. I’m the only one who stayed in the same bed all night.



Wheeler Lake has wake hours from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., so the lake is calm and peaceful in the morning before the boaters and skiers start.  We’re getting ready to go out and fish.  Sarah said, “Why are we fishing before the wake hours?  The fish aren’t even awake yet!”
9:20 a.m. Drove to a place that was supposed to rent jetskis.  They don’t anymore.  Drove to the zoo, which also houses the Chamber of Commerce.  Both were pretty lame.  It is VERY hot and even more humid.  
12:00 p.m.  Lunch and hanging out at the cabin.
3:00 p.m.  Going to the library and candy store.
4:00 p.m.  I’m making soup for dinner.  That was my plan, because it was supposed to get down into the 50’s at night up here, and I thought soup by the fire would be great.  Instead, it’s soup in the heat.

5: 30 p.m.  Noah and I were finishing our dessert while Sarah and Mike were down at the lake.  Sarah came bursting through the door yelling, “Noah, come quick!  Kayak emergency! It paddled itself away!”  Sure enough, the kayak hadn’t been secured and had floated far, far away.  The boys rounded it up and brought it back.  This is what Mike’s rear end looked like after they got back:
 
6:15 p.m.  My goal has been to swim across the lake to the first island before the week is over.  Full of hot soup, I decided tonight was the night.  Noah paddled the kayak along next to me in case I couldn’t make it, but I made it to the island and back.  

8:00 p.m.  Kids are in bed.  Last night they said they had a sleepover at Sarah’s house (her bunk bed), and tonight they’re sleeping over at Noah’s.  We have five beds in this place, so we can spread out, but they choose to sleep together. 


No comments: