Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WI--Day 5


Wednesday, August 11, 2010
7:00 a.m. Woke up to clouds and rain. Watching DVD, doing another load of laundry, lazing around, wondering what we’re going to do today.
10:00 a.m.  Went shopping in Lakewood, including our daily trip to Sweet Memories Candy Shoppe. 
12:00 p.m.  Lunch at the cabin.  Kids and I swam to the first island (Deer Island), and Mike kayaked along next to us. 
5:00 p.m.  I made chicken with mushrooms, onions, wine, sour cream, rice (which Mike has dubbed “Winey Chicken”) and we played a rousing game of Uno, which Noah won. 
7:00 p.m. Mike is reading Mr. Popper’s Penguins to the kids, and then we’re putting them to bed.  It’s been a rather uneventful and unphotogenic day.  Things I miss about home:
·         AIR CONDITIONING! 
·         Dishwasher
·         My showerhead
·         My cats
·         TV
·         Internet
·         Papa Murphy’s
·         Wal-Mart


No comments: