Friday, August 27, 2010

Future serial killer

Sarah has a long history of abusing dolls.  When she was little, she used to drag them around by the hair.  Now she cuts their hair and pulls their heads off.

When I was a kid, I used to play with a set of dolls called The Sunshine Family.  I was always gentle with them, and it never even occurred to me to dismember them.  My mom preserved them for 30 years and gave them to Sarah in mint condition.  During quiet time yesterday, I discovered this gruesome scene in the bathroom:
Of course I knew who was responsible for murdering Mr. Sunshine. When I tracked her down, I asked, "Sarah, where is Mr. Sunshine?"  She said, "Oh, he's right here" and whipped out his one-armed headless body.
Me: What happened to him?
S: He went swimming, and his head and arm fell off.
Me: The waters must have been pretty rough.  Where was he swimming?
S: In the sink.  After his arm came off, I was pouring water out of his arm hole.
Me: I found two arms in the bathroom. Who else is missing an arm?
S: Oh, that's Mrs. Sunshine.  She was trying to rescue her husband, but her arm fell off too.

If Sarah ever has a daughter, she will not be inheriting any old dolls. 

1 comment:

Laura Carlson said...

I had the sunshine family too. I am devastated at their dismemberment.