Saturday, December 24, 2016

FL trip--day 4

Friday, December 23, 2016
5:55 a.m. The sky is beautiful and more so every time I look at it. 
6:00 a.m.  Classical Stretch in the living room.
6:30 a.m.  Trying to read on the deck but can't stop staring at all the glory around me.  The birds here are interesting to watch: loons diving, pelicans gliding, seagulls pecking, sand pipers scurrying, pigeons congregating.  I watch them and think why would I eat them?  Not that I ever ate those particular varieties, but birds are birds, and I'm glad I don't eat them anymore.
Sitting by the ocean teeming with life deepens my conviction not to harm animals for my selfish desires. Appropriately enough, I just read this in my devotional: "The sea is His and He made it: and His hands formed the dry land."-Psalm 95:5.
9:00 a.m. Everyone except Dad went for a beach walk. 
Some walked more than others. Others were distracted by birds and waves.

 
afternoon: Did some shopping with Mike & kids, went to Publix with Jeff, Amy, and Dad, walked across Stewart Lake bridge with Amy. 

5:30 p.m. Taco night at Mom and Dad's. Then swimming with Mike and all the kids. 


8:00 p.m.  Poker night at our place.  Ben, Paul, Noah, Sarah, Mike, and Dad played.  I made soup and chili for tomorrow night.


No comments: