Tuesday, December 27, 2016

FL trip--day 8

I was up at 4:30 this morning, because it's our last day, and I don't want to miss a minute.  I watched a sliver of a crescent moon and lots of bright stars over the ocean. Another wonderful, warm morning.  Classical Stretch at 6:00 a.m. and now I'm energized for the day.  We have plans to take Mom and Dad out for lunch at McGuires and then we're all going on a dolphin cruise at 3:00.  Will have to come home and pack after that, but I don't want to think about that now.

We ate at McGuire's, which is a very meat-centered Irish pub.  There was exactly one thing on the menu for me, and it was cleverly and enticing entitled "vegetarian diet plate".  It consisted of an entire head of boiled cabbage with a little Irish flag in it and a bunch of soft vegetables with no seasoning or sauce of any kind.  When I ordered it, the server said, "Why would you come here and order vegetables...are you vegetarian?"  She did bring me some horseradish sauce that saved that day.
This cheery (and incomprehensible) Irish song was playing very loudly while I was in the bathroom:

Look at the coffin, with golden handles
Isn't it grand, boys, to be bloody-well dead?
Let's not have a sniffle, let's have a bloody-good cry
And always remember: The longer you live
The sooner you'll bloody-well die.

The dolphin cruise was fantastic!  Weather was perfect, we saw lots and lots of dolphins and birds of various kinds, and the sunset was gorgeous.  The dolphins seemed to truly enjoy racing the boat and playing in its wake.






 What could be better than dolphins and pelicans together?
 A dolphin and pelican in the sunset.


And to top it all off, someone is shooting off fireworks on the beach. 

No comments: