Monday, February 26, 2024

Everything's a Saltine - Day 15

 Monday, February 26, 2024

I was going to not eat anything today, but.... That's how most of the posts start anymore, isn't it?

I’ve lost 2.6 pounds. Should have been five times more than that if I’d done it right, but loss is better than gain or even staying the same, so I’m trying to count it as a victory. Feeling pretty failurey though. Not sure I’ll be able to crawl back up on the wagon for the next week. 

Anyway, I was going to fast today, but then I looked out the window and saw the garlic chives coming up in my garden already.  If they're going to make the effort to debut in February, it's my duty to eat them. 

So I thought, how can I make something that I can justify in my mind as a saltine? I stirred the chives up with some flour (I had planned to use oats but forgot), garlic salt, onion, garlic, and water, poured it into a pan in a thin layer and cooked it. Mike was a big fan. While it was cooking, I was dreaming up a name for it. Vegetable saltine? Evil funnel cake? Savory crepe? Mike came up with the winner: manna. Then he thanked God for it. 

I ate this one while it was still a little pale because I couldn't wait. 



1 comment:

Eric F said...

Epic!! I love it!!