Thursday, February 22, 2024

The Fast - Day 11

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Last night my mom suggested I put raisins in my oatmeal for an iron boost. I found myself fantasizing about raisins for a ridiculously long time after that. I ended up going to the kitchen at almost midnight to see if we had any. I found this box of raisins that expired five years ago and had weevil webs in it, but I ate it, and you know what? Those dried up webby raisins were surprisingly good. 

Nothing but water today, and not even enough of that, but my voice was decently strong at my singing lesson, and I had plenty of energy to hike in the woods with a friend  and conduct a forensic autopsy on coyote bones. The joy of the Lord truly is my strength, because I got nothing else in me, and I’m unreasonably joyful! I found a quarter and a dime in the woods. 35 cents. I wondered about the meaning of the number 35. I was disappointed to find that it boringly signifies business, building, efficiency, realism, and balance. That is so not me. But then I stopped at Walmart and found a penny in the parking lot. I like the symbolism of the number 36 much better: creativity, enthusiasm, and using the imagination and intellect.  :)   My stomach is growling. I am hungry. As I typed that, I thought, "Well, duh!" and then I remembered Matthew 4:2, to which I always had that same reaction: "After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry." Jesus is my hero.

No comments: