Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Fast - Day 6

Saturday, February 17, 2024

I was planning to have some oatmeal so I would have energy to work at the grand opening of the Cancer Institute this afternoon. But I left earlier than planned and didn’t have time to eat anything or drink much. Filled up my water bottle and left. Went to visit friends at the hospital and then walked to the Institute, which was not where I thought it was, so ended up being a much longer walk in the cold wind. Finally got there and refilled my water bottle and hoped I’d make it through more walking, herding people on tours.


While I was waiting with my tour group, one of the chefs in the teaching kitchen was making a smoothie. I watched him put in spinach, fresh ginger, pineapple, banana, and I said to him, “I want a smoothie real bad.” He said, “I’d be happy to make you one! What kind would you like?” I told him whatever he’s making would be great, and he poured me a glass. It was exactly what I needed. I’m amazed at the ways God provides. There was also cucumber water available at this event, so I filled up my water bottle with that and then went to church, where I was working tech and drank lots of water. A busy happy day of serving, with no time to think about food, and the Lord sustained me with enough energy to do all the things all day long.


No comments: