Tuesday, February 20, 2024

The Fast - Day 1

God invited me to do a 21-day fast. I decided to blog it to give testimony to what the Lord will do.  The purpose is not to impress anyone with how holy I am (I am not) or to work for God's love (He already loves me), or manipulate Him into doing something (that's not how He works). The goal is to crown my spirit ruler over my flesh, to reset my body to be the holy temple that God designed it to be. The plan is to consume water only, as long as possible and then add other liquids as needed, and oatmeal if I get desperate. I'm also trying to stop swearing and to guard my thoughts better. This plan is based on lessons I've learned from previous fasts. My main prayer focus during this one is the leaders of my church and school, a couple friends, and a family member with a health issue.


Monday, February 12, 2024

Today is the day of small beginnings. Zech. 4:10 tells us, "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin." And Phil. 1:6 tells us that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. When I was walking out of the library today, I felt strangely separate from this world, almost like I was floating in another realm. Being driven by earthly things ties me to this world. Shifting my focus lets me more easily pass through the thin veil that divides Earth from the spiritual realm. 


It wasn’t a bad day, but now it’s evening and I’m feeling irritable, tired, a little cold and headachy,  and I want to eat. My stomach growled a few times, probably just out of habit. I snacked on a bowl of ice until Shiloh got to it. Made me wish someone would invent hot ice or just crunchy water or something to do with your mouth that doesn’t make you cold. Went to pool class and everyone talked about food. First 24 hours down. 480 to go.  


No comments: