Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Fast - Day 8

Monday, February 19, 2024

I made a smoothie with frozen banana and spinach, protein powder, almond milk, and water, and I was so crazy thankful for it that I just sat and gazed at its beauty and praised the Lord for it for a while before I drank it.

Binged on saltines again.

Good day with the Lord speaking to me and writing songs together. I’ve been feeling His presence and hearing His voice, but my Bible memorization has been extremely difficult during this fast. It was going well before, but now I have trouble focusing. 


Good workout in the pool, and nice time of fellowship with the women’s group at church making a craft. There was a dinner too, but I was intentionally late so I would miss it. During the craft, one of the ladies said, “You have to try the Korean BBQ almonds I brought!” It would have been rude and awkward and wrong to say “No thanks, I’m fasting” so I thanked her, ate a couple almonds, said how yummy they were, and stopped eating them. Normally I would have eaten the whole bag.


No comments: