Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Fast - Day 3

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

I forgot to mention that Mike is fasting with me! That makes it so much easier. I don't have to worry about feeding him or feel guilty for not feeding him, and we can empathize with each other's suffering. He's not doing exactly the same fast, but we're in it together. 

The Lord directed me to Deuteronomy 30 and spoke to me about choices. I have the power to choose life or death. Today I choose life and health in my physical, emotional, and spiritual being!  Verse 14 says, “But the word is very near you. It is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can do it.”  His word is in my mouth; I don't need food in my mouth. I can do it!


Feeling surprisingly good today. Went to water aerobics and had plenty of energy. Of course I would like to eat, but so far I’ve been able to distract myself (of course, it’s only noon, and the hardest part is usually the evening).


Well, now it’s 3:00pm, and I’m having stomach upset and feeling cold and not great.


9:00pm update:  I had a couple minor slips tonight. My stomach felt bad, empty and churning so I ate several saltines. Felt better but ate more than I should have of something that I wasn’t planning on eating during the fast at all, let alone on day 3. This is the first day that a swear word came out of my mouth too. Not in anger or insult, just as an adjective that I’d like to stop using. Caught myself right away and got back on track. 


No comments: