Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Fast - Day 9

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Anticipating that Tuesdays will be my hardest days during the fast, because it’s my long day of working at Costco with all the food and then going straight to choir rehearsal. When I’ve fasted before, working at Costco is always the hardest. It’s a real test. So this morning I ate a pot of oatmeal right before I left so I would be full when I got to work. While I was driving there, I was praying, “Lord, could you give me an easy product that doesn’t require cooking, something I don’t like (which is hardly anything), like maybe those nasty yogurt bites in pharmacy?” When I got to work, I was walking down the hall where our carts are lined up, checking each one for my name, and mine was the last one. Guess what was on it? Those nasty yogurt bites in pharmacy! I had a little praise party and rejoiced that He knows, He listens, He cares about every stupid little detail. I had a wonderful day, filled with oatmeal and the joy of the Lord!


There were a few of those yogurt bites left at the end of my shift. There are only four ingredients: mango, carrot, coconut milk, and lemon juice. I used to think they were nasty, but last night when I put them in my mouth, they were delicious!

No comments: