Wednesday, February 21, 2024

The Fast - Day 2

Tuesday, February 13, 2004

Not hungry and woke up with no desire to eat. Cleaned my bathroom and did some vacuuming to warm myself. Did it in sections because I don't have much energy. Feeling pleasantly dizzy. Stomach started growling and I wanted to eat. Drank a cucumber-mojito Liquid IV, just because I wanted something warm. I heated it on the stove and stirred it with a whisk and pretended I was cooking something. I don’t normally like that flavor much, but right now it’s delicious. And delightfully warm. I was going to try to last on plain water a little longer, but it’s all good. Spent some time with God and wrote a song based on a vision He gave me.


I was scheduled to work at my food-centric job today, but my boss said to take the day off. That has never happened before. God's grace for sure. I didn’t request the day off, didn’t mention anything at all to anyone, but here I am with a day off and thankful for it! Cooking and serving and talking about and being surrounded by food all day at work is probably the most difficult part of fasting.

 

No comments: