Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chicago--day 2

Friday, 8/16/13  Happy 90th birthday to my grandma!
8:00 a.m. Breakfast in our room.
 I made these breakfast burritos before we left home and brought the quesadilla maker to heat them.

9:00 a.m. I'm making sandwiches to eat later for lunch.  The kids are making cards to deliver under our neighbors' doors.

 

 Looking down the stairwell from one of the upper floors.
 That speck way down there is Sarah's head, several floors below me.

 Almost every room on our floor got a card delivered under their door.

10:00 a.m.  Andrew Wommack meeting.  
12:15 p.m.  Eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the way to Nina's house.  Nina was my best friend in college and my roommate for our last 2 years.  She lives in the suburbs, and we try to get together when we can.  It's been almost 5 years since I've seen her, but we always pick up right where we left off.
 It was great visiting with Nina, and she made the best chocolate chip cookies for us!

 Sarah with Nina's daughter.  When we were in college, I never imagined that someday our daughters would play together.  Julia was pretty shy, but Sarah took over and ran the show, as always.  She even told Nina that she would need to move her furniture so she could perform a gymnastics show!

4:00 p.m.  back to the hotel, reheating leftover pizza on the quesadilla maker.  
5:00 p.m.  Swimming.
7:00 p.m.  Andrew Wommack.
10:30 p.m. Bed.



No comments: