Saturday, August 10, 2013

Who's the better man?

I was cooking at a friend's house this afternoon, and when I got home, this is what transpired.

S: I learned an important lesson today, Mom.
M: What is it?
S: Don't pick up the applesauce jar by the lid.  Also, make sure you screw the applesauce jar lid on tightly.
M: What did you do?
S: I spilled an entire jar of applesauce all over the floor.
M: Is Daddy aware of this?
S: Yes. He didn't even freak out like you would have.
M: That's because he's a better man than I am.

Five minutes later:

S: Mommy, do you want to have a blindfolded taste test with jelly beans?
M: Sure, let's do it!
S: Wow, Daddy freaked out when I asked him.  He said, "No, and don't ever ask me again!"
M: Was this soon after the applesauce incident?
S: Kind of....
M:  Well, we all have our freakout breaking points. 

No comments: