Friday, June 5, 2020

Day 81

The five babies are still cooking in their poop soup.  The nest is made almost entirely of poop now, and it stinks.  Their diet consists solely of their parents' puke. So gross. But they are cute and getting big.  They'll be gone within a week. :(

I took Sarah to the DMV.  The outside line was about an hour long.

 Then you graduate to the inside line, which is just as long, but it's way better because it's air conditioned.  It was 92 degrees outside.
There was a guy behind us who was shaking his head at me after I took a squirt of hand sanitizer.  He said, "You're worried about your hands? You haven't even touched anything! You're not even wearing a mask!"  This is how it is now.  Every time you go out among people, someone is unhappy about what you're doing or not doing.  I assumed he was hot and grouchy like the rest of us, so I smiled at him and turned away.
 There goes Sarah with the tester lady.
 After my child and my car drove away and I realized I was not allowed back inside, I stood in the middle of the parking lot at a loss.  I looked around and saw other middle-aged moms nervously standing in empty parking spots.  I prayed the whole time.
Thank God she passed by the skin of her teeth!  The tester lady said she made lots of mistakes and needs lots more practice, but she passed her because she thought the mistakes were just because she was so nervous (which she was, after failing a couple days ago).  While we were waiting for her to bring out the license, another lovely specimen drove by, leaned out the window, and yelled to the general DMV public, "You guys are all f***ing idiots!"  Sarah grabbed that license and said, "Can we go back home now?" and I said, "Yes, absolutely.  Let's get in our nice cool house and never leave again."

No comments: