Saturday, September 26, 2015

Camping

 
 Noah working the fire. Sarah hauling her bedding to the tent.
 Noah cooking Sarah's hot dog for her.
 Sarah had to share her chair with Marty.  We had turkey dogs, baked beans, chips and salsa, and fruit salad.
 I like this picture because it looks like Mike is holding flaming hot marshmallows in his hands.
It wouldn't be a campout without messy s'mores for dessert.

 Such a perfectly beautiful night.
 Even the creek was pink!
 Still working the fire. He's always loved that. The kids played with the neighbor kids outside while Mike, Marty, and I sat by the fire. 

 We retired to the tent around 10:00 p.m. I read aloud the "Doughnuts" chapter of Homer Price,
and Mike and Sarah made shadow puppets on the tent wall.
 Sarah went right to sleep and slept all night, like she always does. Except once, she sat up and gave a loud soliloquy that made no sense. The only part I remember is, "Even the tip of my tail is wet, and I'm furious!"  Marty also had no trouble falling asleep. The rest of us were awake a long time.  Mike finally left for his cozy indoor bed at 2:00 a.m.
Noah said, "Get a picture of Marty and me sleeping.  Pretend to sleep, Marty."  :)
Dew started dropping on my face at 3:00 a.m. through these holes that we didn't know were in the top of the tent.  We've had it almost 20 years, so I guess it's wearing out. 
Woke up cold at 5:00 a.m. Jupiter was shining so brightly that we could see it through the wall of the tent. We chatted and waited for the sunrise, and then we came in the house. It was a fun night!



No comments: