Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Infomercial

I am particularly prone to being duped by infomercials, especially the ones that air in the middle of the night, when my brain isn't fully awake.  I'm convinced that I need every item I see. So I try not to watch them. But last night I was flipping through the channels at 3:30 a.m. and saw an infomercial for the "Tummy Tuck Belt".  I watched the whole thing and determined that I definitely need one. Knowing that I'm a sucker, I resolved not to order in the next six minutes so I could get one easy payment of $19.99 knocked off.  For 3 easy payments of only $19.99 (plus shipping and handling), you get a thermal cream that you rub on your fat belly and a compression belt that you wear for 10 minutes. You come out looking like a supermodel with a six-pack. "With proper diet and exercise" and "results not typical" were in the fine print. You could sell anything as a weight loss product as long as you add that fine print.  In fact, if you read this blog, you will lose 20 pounds in a week!*

*When combined with diet and exercise. Results not typical.

No comments: