Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Parmesan-crusted pork chops

I post these food ones for myself, so I remember how to cook our favorites in case my mind goes.
 This is the best sale I've seen on pork loin, so I bought two.  I asked the butcher the cut both into half-inch chops (straight, not butterflied).  Then I can use them for any pork recipe.  If I'm making pulled pork in the crock pot, I just put in several chops. 
 I put one whole package straight into the freezer.  I took out four chops for tonight's meal and put the rest in a bag to make into other porky things this week.
 garlic salt and pepper on the chops
 Normally, I would do a full breading station with egg, flour, and bread crumbs, but I was in a rush tonight, so I only did bread crumbs.  This is two heels, garlic salt, pepper, and parmesan that I processed in the food processor.
 Coat both sides of the chops with seasoned bread crumbs.
 Pan-fry in hot oil till the crust is golden brown on both sides.
 Put on a rack over a baking pan and bake at 350 (or maybe I did 375? Whatever.) until they cooked through.  15 minutes maybe?
Everyone eats these happily, even Sarah.

No comments: