Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 11

Early this morning, Noah and I went for a walk, because the weather was perfect (cloudy and 50 degrees) and it's supposed to rain the rest of the day.  It felt good to exercise, get fresh air, and chat with my boy.  We walked around a park, and I greeted the squirrels, then we walked around a nursing home and waved at the residents, and we wrote chalk messages for our little neighbor kids across the street.
When we got home, he rode the broken chair down the street. 
The media is magnifying this virus.  Check out a couple of the graphics on the news:
 Mike said this one looks like Hiroshima.
This one pictures a huge virus ball looming over the Peoria skyline.
 I much prefer this painting that a couple friends of mine did before the pandemic.  Jesus, the lion of Judah, protecting the city.
I have no graphic arts ability, but I wanted to make something that shows Jesus as more powerful than the virus, so this is my attempt.

During the Great Freezer Defrost of 2020, I found some frozen butternut squash, so I used that and my last onion to make butternut squash soup. 

It was pretty boring, like baby food, so I added some beans, spinach, rice, and quinoa.  It wasn't boring anymore, but still not very good.  I ate the whole bowl though, because I don't waste food.

No comments: