Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Day 2 of isolation

I'm going to try to write every day. Someday I'll want to remember what life was like during this time. President Trump is now telling us not to gather in groups of more than 10.  My Bible study is tonight, but there are only 6 of us in it, and after consulting with the church office, I decided to go ahead with it. One lady said she won't come, which I totally understand, but I think the rest are coming. [update: another one just dropped out.]

Under the circumstances, I would have voted by mail this year, but since it is Noah's first opportunity to vote, I wanted to show him what it's really like, so I will take him to vote in the Primary with me this morning. Then we will pick up the free lunch for the kids at the high school. They are giving a free lunch to all kids every day, regardless of schooling status or financial need.  Based on the empty shelves I saw at Kroger last night, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm re-instituting the whiteboard where I used to write our daily schedules.  Now that they're older (and one of them is an actual adult), the choice is theirs, but this is what I will encourage them to do today.  It's a lovely spring day today, and the birds are busy mating, so I hope to spend some time just sitting outside watching them.
[Update: They did both come to devotions this morning.]

God spoke to me this morning through my cats, as He often does.  I watch them fall from all kinds of places, and they always land on their feet.  God told me that even though we as a country and even a world are falling right now, we will land on our feet.  He's got us.

Every day, something else gets canceled, which I'm secretly happy about.  I've always been a homebody.  Today the cancellation notifications included: church for at least the next two weeks, the Kuk Sool Won tournament in St. Louis, a crafternoon with the church ladies, and youth group for at least the next two weeks.

This just in:

No comments: