Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Day in the life

In case I wonder years from now what my life was like at this stage, here's a rundown of a somewhat typical day. 

7:00 a.m. Mike leaves for work and drops Sarah off at school on the way.
7:15 a.m.  Noah leaves for his internship at Otto Baum Construction.  They're working on demolishing and remodeling the old Chase Bank Building downtown.
7:30 a.m. I leave for my water fitness class at Impact Fitness, followed by a stop at Kroger.
10:00 a.m.  Noah hauls in the groceries and we eat breakfast and chat while I work on Mike's contribution to his work potluck tomorrow.  Then I made soup for later and swept the kitchen floor. 
11:00 a.m. Worked through a rather frustrating trigonometry lesson with Noah, then civics and English before he declared he was grouchy and disappeared to take a nap. Sarah had early dismissal, followed by track practice. 
1:30 p.m.  Picked up Sarah from track. She ate some soup. I went through emails, worked on our schedule for a very busy Saturday coming up, and registered Noah for his upcoming Kuk Sool Won test.
2:30 p.m. Took Sarah to the pediatrician for her sports physical.  She's 5'6", 128 pounds, and perfectly normal and healthy. She had her first breast exam and didn't like it one bit. While we were on the subject, I explained to her what a speculum is, in preparation for future visits. She definitely doesn't like the idea of that.
3:30 p.m. Sarah and I dropped off soup at Mike's parents' house, and Sarah took Molly for a walk.
4:00 p.m. Dropped off Sarah at the high school for play practice.  She's in the spring musical "Big Fish".  I came home and got a little transcription work done.
4:30 p.m. Mike home from work.
5:30 p.m. Mike picked up Sarah from practice.
6:15 p.m.  Kids and I are leaving for youth group at church.
9:00 p.m. Home from youth group, and I am done.  Making my list of things I didn't get done today that will now go on tomorrow's list: laundry, Bible study, unload dishwasher, wash soup pot.

2 comments:

Mike said...

You can scratch unload dishwasher off the list!

Janes Family said...

I noticed that! Thanks!