Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 15

I went for a walk this morning to check on the duck nest.  I was about to plunge my hand into the bush, and I was startled to find Mrs. Duck sitting on the eggs!  She's extremely well camouflaged.
Today is my friend Bev's birthday.  She's one of the four of us (affectionately known as the bananagirls) who play bananagrams together.  She thinks we're meeting online for a group game of bananagrams like we did last Monday, but we're going to surprise her by driving (individually in our own cars) to her house and popping up in our banana suits (yes, we each have a banana costume) outside her window (6 feet apart)!  I've never given toilet paper as a birthday gift before, but this year it's an actual valuable commodity, so that's what she's getting.
Noah is happy to be back working with Brad today after not doing any work at all last week.
Duck update: Mike and I walked to the nest tonight. Mrs. Duck was gone, and there were 11 eggs.  Babies should be arriving right around the end of quarantine!  They'll have to cross two streets to get to the creek.

No comments: