Monday, March 23, 2020

Day 8

This morning, my gamer friends and I played bananagrams "together" (each in our own homes at the same time, messaging each other). Nowhere near as fun as playing together in person.
Kids and I are talking about what we're going to do for exercise today.  Sarah asked Noah if he wanted to go for a run with her.  He said, "Maybe. Don't get your hippity hopes up."  I miss the gym. Helped Sarah with geometry, which taxed my brain.  I'm maintaining my cheerful attitude, but it's more of a struggle today for some reason.

My 15-minute cleaning project of the day was scrubbing the shower.  I haven't showered here all year, because I always shower at the gym, so I was unaware of how gross it was in there.  While I was showering, I was singing a medley of hymns.  Suddenly a foul odor hit my nasal membranes.  I suspected Sarah had come in to poop, so I changed the lyrics of my medley accordingly, which was undoubtedly a sacrilege.  I heard Sarah giggling, confirming my suspicion.  Then I started wondering if Jesus' poop smelled bad.  I guess it would have since he was human.  That led me to wonder if he ever pooped while someone was showering in the same bathroom, but I quickly realized that they had neither toilets nor showers back then, so where did everybody poop?  I suppose they dug a hole. By the time I finished thinking about all that, the shower was clean, and so was I.  I didn't bother to shave, because what would be the point?

I opened the back door to air out the house for awhile, even though it's cold outside.  I figured a little fresh air couldn't be a bad idea, right?

I found a turkey breast in the freezer that's a year old, so I've been thawing that for a few days, and I'm cooking it in the crockpot today with some baby carrots that were getting old in the fridge.  The carnivores will be happy tonight.

No comments: