Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Early dismissal

The first grader showed up for class, and everything went pretty smoothly.  When the third grader showed up, I realized I wasn't prepared for his lesson.  I usually look it over the night before and make sure I know what I'm talking about and have all the materials we'll need.  I didn't do that last night and was just going to try to wing it today, but I could tell that wasn't going to work.  So we just did a review of things he's already learned, and then I let him out early.  It's so beautiful outside today that we had a picnic lunch in the back yard. Noah kicked off his shoes, immediately stepped on something sharp, and said, "Ow!"  I said, like a true mom, "That's why you need to wear shoes."  He said, "Yeah, but I feel so wild without them!"

No comments: