Monday, November 29, 2010

Freak show

For reasons that are still unclear to me, Sarah dressed up as a penguin and Noah as a jester this afternoon.  Naturally, I was wearing pajamas.  It was raining hard, and I heard a strange noise outside my window that sounded like the gutter wasn't working right.  I didn't want to go out and check on it in the cold rain, so I opened the window just enough to stick my head out.  Then Noah wanted to see what was going on, so he stuck his big jester head out too.  Not wanting to miss anything exciting, the penguin stuck her big beak out too.  When I tried to pull myself back in, I discovered that I was completely stuck.  The kids were wedged in too, and nobody could move.  So there we were:  a jester, a penguin, and a grown woman in pajamas in the middle of the afternoon, sticking out of a house.  Of course I couldn't get a picture of it, but I did get a picture of them before the incident.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are watching the Ramona movie for the 3rd time and I can't help but see several of your latest blog posts as "episodes"... Thanks for the laughs! Hugs, Susan T