Friday, November 26, 2010

I've sunk to a new level of embarrassment...

...and this time it does not involve pajamas.  Even worse.  I forgot that the appraiser was coming today until I heard the doorbell while I was in the shower.  I sent Sarah to the door.  She returned and said there was a lady at the door.  I told her to let her in and tell her that I was in the shower.  Five minutes later, I came out to investigate with a towel on my head and another towel around me.  There was the poor appraiser, still standing on the porch.  Not only did I keep her waiting in the cold and then appear in a towel, but I also didn't have the house cleaned up.  She started taking pictures. There were toys in the living room, unmade beds, dirty dishes in the sink, clothes scattered around, muddy pawprints in the bathroom sink, etc.  On her way out, I made her take a flyer that had the good pictures in it.  She thinks I'm a wacko.

No comments: