Tuesday, November 9, 2010

We ain't no slaves!

On the very day that I blogged about my house being hit by a filth tornado, I got a call that a realtor wants to show our house Thursday morning.  We had been outside all afternoon enjoying this beautiful weather, but then I started feeling a tiny inkling of stress.  Not too bad, since we had all day tomorrow to get ready for the showing.  I started cleaning up in a fairly relaxed way.  Then the phone rang.  Another realtor wants to show the house...tomorrow.  Now I'm in full-blown stress mode.  I start marching around like a drill sergeant, barking orders to the troops.  They worked fairly quietly for awhile (too quietly, as it turns out), but then they came marching out, holding up protest signs and chanting, "We ain't no slaves!"  Secretly, I was a little proud that they had spelled and punctuated everything correctly and their writing was legible. Still, I think maybe we should stop reading those slave books.  :)
Here are some pictures of our fun, lazy afternoon, and then the protest march.
They're sled dogs taking their stuffed animals for a ride.

One of the sled dogs gave up and got in the sled.


Jason had a good time chasing birds and leaves.  Here he is chewing a leaf off the branch.  Then he chased it to the ground and carried it around in his mouth.


1 comment:

dave said...

Way to go, kids! Don't let The Man keep you down!