Thursday, November 11, 2010

If mice freak you out, don't read this...

As I was scurrying around early this morning, getting ready for a showing of our house, Jason brought a mouse into the garage and was playing with it.

The poor thing tried playing possum, but that didn't work.

Noah's tender heart was moved with compassion for the mouse, so he scooped it up and put it on Sarah's scooter.


He thought it would be more fair if he gave it the advantage of wheels.  Jason chased Noah and mouse around the garage.

Noah cried and begged to keep it for a pet.  I said no way.  People are coming to see the house in less than an hour, and I have two kids and two cats, and I cannot deal with a mouse pet.  

Sarah cuddled the mouse too.  I can just hear my mom saying, "Don't let them touch that dirty rodent.  It probably has diseases!" 

Here's Sarah pretending to be the mouse:



2 comments:

Dave said...

Awwwww! They are so sweet!

Anonymous said...

My kids used to play "dead cockroach". (Not sure how that got started and if I did, I'm not sure I'd want to admit to it.)
I was just noticing that playing "dead cockroach" and pretending to be a mouse look an awful lot alike.
~ j