Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Day 23

Mike and Noah left at 6:00 a.m. to pick up a motorcycle in Iowa.  Iowa is one of only nine states that is not on lockdown.  People are criticizing President Trump for leaving the decision up to each individual state, instead of mandating a nationwide lockdown. Mike and Noah are going to Grimes to pick up this motorcycle that he bought a couple months ago but has been waiting for good weather to go pick it up and ride it home. He just sent me a message that he got gas for $1.47/gallon.  I think it's close to $2/gallon around here.  I'm not totally sure, because I haven't bought gas for over a month.

Yesterday Noah mowed Mike's parents yard.  I gave him strict orders not to go in their house, even if they begged him, because you're not supposed to go in other people's houses, even extended family.  Mike's parents are high risk, so I don't want to risk exposing them to anything. Noah would feel guilty about that for the rest of his life. They wanted him to come in, but he resisted.  I called them to apologize this morning and offered to add what they need to my next Walmart order.  They gave me some items, and I added them to my order.  When I went to check out, I got this message:
We're sorry! All of today and tomorrow's times are currently booked. Please continue checking back with us - new time slots open up every morning.

Just getting your basic Walmart stuff is like a lottery now.  These are strange and interesting times.
It's supposed to be 80 degrees today, so I'll be outside most of the time. I'm going to walk to a duplex a couple miles away to check on a mowing job for Noah.  Sarah is sleeping late.

Update: Sarah and I went on a scavenger hunt and found this:

The boys got home with this thing, and I held up my congrats sign. 

I measured out a circle in the back yard in a configuration where all 6 of my Bible study ladies could be 6 feet apart.  Each brick or chunk of wood represents where I would put a chair.
 I was hoping to meet outside on this perfectly beautiful evening, but I couldn't get all my ladies on the same page in time, so we met in my basement again, through Zoom.  

No comments: