Sunday, April 5, 2020

It's been 3 weeks now.

Today something interesting happened.  It was a beautiful day, so I spent most of it outside, and I noticed that the neighbors across the creek behind us looked to be setting up for a wedding.  All day I looked forward to attending it from my patio.  I painted a sign to hold up when the pastor pronounced them husband and wife.
It was going to be "Congratulations", but that turned out to be too long.  I even had to hyphenate the abbreviation in order to make the letters big enough to be visible from across the creek.  
Marty was the only one who agreed to be my date.  She looks unhappy about it, but she really wasn't.
You can see the wedding going on way far in the background.
Then the bride's best friend and her parents showed up in our yard  to watch, because we have the best view.  I gave them chairs and also my sign to hold up, which I thought would be way more meaningful to the bride and groom than if I held it up.  I took a picture of them "attending" the wedding so I could send it to them.
Then a huge parade of cars drove through the "receiving line", honking and releasing balloons, and holding up posters.  It was a lovely and very unique wedding and the highlight of my day.  Several of our neighbors were out in their lawn chairs watching too. 

No comments: