Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Day 37

Yesterday my parents came over.  We stood outside and visited. We went to the creek and watched the fish jumping and pretended we were on the ocean on a whale-watching excursion.
It was a good relational day with the kids, lots of chatting and loving.  Very little school work got done, but it was worth it.  They were both especially pleasant. Sarah even gave me a speech about how I'm too hard on myself and should forgive myself.  It was the most mature conversation I've ever had with her, and it gives me hope for our relationship in the future.

I also washed the windows, which took hours, but today I'm enjoying the reward of looking out the sparkling windows into the beautiful day.  But then I found little cat paws smudging the windows.  What's the point of cleaning anything?
It's Earth Day, the day we  always go out and pick up trash, but I don't think we'll do it this year, because I don't want us touching stuff right now.

The high school sent this template to use for graduation announcements.
The class of 2020 will never forget their extraordinary senior year.

Mike and Noah helped me with a big job: cleaning under the bed, flipping the mattress, and changing the sheets. 

 I should have taken a picture before I retrieved all the stuff down there.  This is before I vacuumed.
I blocked the crack between the bed and the headboard with a water noodle, so there be a huge collection of stuff  that falls into the black hole. 

It's been a rollercoaster with Mike's dad today.  First, we were told that he was going to be put on a ventilator.  Then they decided to try a chest surgery to drain the fluid from his lungs instead.  They drained a liter and a half and now he is breathing easier and doesn't need the ventilator.

No comments: