Monday, April 27, 2020

Day 42

I drove to the goose nest today to find it happily empty.  A quick scan of Walmart Pond showed they weren't there either.  Then I drove to where I hoped they would be (Lake Steak 'n Shake), and there they were.  Mother Goose and all six babies.  The pond is fenced off, but they were nearby, and they were with a huge flock of geese.  The adult geese fly easily in and out of the pond, but Mother Goose seemed to be having a hard time getting the babies to go through the fence.  She was nudging them with her beak, but they weren't going.  I'm sure they'll figure it out.  I'm relieved to see they made it to a good place.  It was a long walk for the poor little ones.

My pretend adventure (suggested by my mom) was to see the cherry blossoms in Japan and the tulips in Holland, which would be a lot of travel in one day, but thankfully, imaginary flights are always on time, so I made it to both.

Also saw a spectacularly beautiful cat today:

No comments: