Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Day 51

Noah: I haven't been afraid of anything for 10 years.
Sarah: I'm afraid every single day.

My mom and dad came over this morning, and I gave him a haircut.
He tried to teach me how to do Sudoku, but his brain (even at 85 years old) works differently than mine.  I gave him a high difficulty one and he just tore into it like it was the easiest thing ever.  He couldn't understand how I couldn't get it.  He kept saying, "It's just a matter of elimination!"

Noah and I have been working on getting together all the documentation he needs to apply to the steamfitters union.  I can't just go to the courthouse and get certified copies of his birth certificate like I normally would, so I have to go through this whole online process to have them mailed to me.  I finished his official high school transcript, which I've been working on for the last four years.

This afternoon Noah has an allergy shot in Bloomington this afternoon and I'm going with him and we're bringing home a Korean feast from a restaurant that I just accidentally discovered online.  It opened last year, and I stumbled across it while I was looking for something completely different.  I wish we could all go and eat there for the full Korean experience, but we're pretty excited about just getting some good Korean food.

There's a new scare now that the media is warning about:  the "murder wasp" from Japan has made its way to America.  It feels like Biblical plagues here anymore.  I saw this on my window, and now I have to wonder if it's a murder wasp or just some harmless insect.
Imaginary trip to Washington, D.C. to visit the White House:

That was so good!  Too expensive to do very often, but it was a nice treat that reminded us all of being in Korea. 

No comments: